Yoga Therapy in the Modern World
Yoga Therapy has now become a popular and very effective practice in the modern world. By working with specific individual health issues of a student, a Yoga Therapist can address their needs with care, and sensitivity. The individual can therefore feel the direct benefits of how working therapeutically can be life-changing, and transforming.
By using alignment techniques, addressing the autonomic nervous system, breath work and visualisation meditation principles, carefully sequenced asana programmes and furthermore the practice of Ayurveda, the individual can understand their own bodies and mind with far more awareness, to reach a place of healing.
Here are a list of eight benefits of Yoga Therapy that you can experience with dedication to the practice, to name just a few:
1. Address specific health issues such as stress, anxiety, insomnia, auto immune disease, PCOS & hormonal issues, back pain, past or present injuries and more.
2. Increase relaxation and energy in body & mind.
3. Increase serotonin, thus improving mood.
4. Strengthen the body and tone muscles.
5. Can manage weight issues with regular practice.
6. Learn relaxation techniques with breathwork that you can practice at home to aid sleep.
7. Create more balance in your day-to-day life.
8. Learn meditation & mindfulness techniques to improve the nervous system.
If you'd like to learn more and book a 1-1 Yoga Therapy session we would love to teach you, so please contact Ambika Yoga on 07800 896 425, or use the form submission page and we can schedule an initial consultation in line with your needs, and a special 25% discount off your first class this Spring.
We look forward to seeing you on the mat!
Senior Yoga Teacher (SYT)